Wednesday, March 25, 2009

HTML part 4

Psychobabble—is it all just metaphysical speculation?

The so called "Essential reading: Cybertextspace by Dr. Karin Wenz" articles gave me reoccurring nightmares of the time when I was reading the works of philosophers Baruch Spinoza.

It reminds me of the following passage;

"Of the two antithetic terms in the Greek philosophy one only was real and self-subsisting: and the one was Ideal Thought as opposed to that which it has to penetrate and mould. The other, corresponding to our Nature, was in itself phenomenal;, unreal, without any permanent footing, having no predicates that held true for two moments together; in short, redeemed from negation only by including indwelling realities appearing through." Types of Ethival Theory, Baruch Spinoza.
You can read more at http://www.ditext.com/broad/ftet/ftet2.html. Once you decipher it you can then let me know.

One of my favorite quotes is
:

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. (
Nietzsche, n.d.)

However, I have faith in the tutors reasons to why I should read Cybertextspace by Dr. Karin Wenz but at this point in time I just can't see it. I'll try to read it again.

Nietzsche, F. Retrieved March 25, 2009 from http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Friedrich_Nietzsche/

No comments:

Post a Comment