Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Adobe Acrobat

I have used Adobe Acrobat Read in the past but now use Acrobat Pro 9—it came with my copy of CS4. I've used Acrobat since version 3 and although I don't claim to be fully versed with the current version and I'm sure there are practical uses I have not explored yet, I feel comfortable with my level of understanding of this product.

Acrobat has had a extraordinary effect in the printing industry, it has greatly enhanced the mobility of documents, enabling anyone to access the files independent of the platform or the original software that created the document. Previously, printers were required to hold a variety of the most common graphic design tools which was expensive to purchase and even more expensive to train people to use. Now printers only require the professional version of Acrobat and some extra plug-in to fully service the customer. This versatility has extended into general public use and has become the open standard tool for document management for a growing number of industries. (Adobe and industry standards, 2009)


References:

Adobe and industry standards. (2009). Retrieved April 8, 2009, from http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/standards/

Document Management application. (2009). Retrieved April 8, 2009, from http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_catalogue/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=51502

No comments:

Post a Comment