Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Newsgroups-part 1

I fear I may start ranting again.

It maybe that I'm not passionate enough on any particular topic to be involved in a newsgroup and I find the whole arena of this type entertainment extremely boring. After viewing some groups the conversation appears to transcend into mindless banter—have you every seen a group of budgies, there all talking at the same time but saying nothing. If I want this type of puerile recreation I'll go down to the pub and converse with my mates. At least its face to face and I can judge whether they're just crapping on.

I have no doubt there are newsgroups on the web that provide a valuable service, but looking through some of Google Groups it's difficult locate one without wasting an enormous amount of time. Maybe the key to this type of communication is perseverance or having someone invite you to join the group. Having a mole on the inside saves time.

OK, I have no desire to get a zero mark for this so I better say something constructive.

more soon

No comments:

Post a Comment