Monday, March 16, 2009

To "folder structure" or not to "folder structure" that is the question

5. How have you organised the folder structure of your email and why?

I wish I could have the control that I have in Adobe Bridge managing files incorporated into emails—within Bridge I have access to a fantastic array of options but in the email software it's basic. The screen shot below is not the actual email folder, it's just a sample of the type of structure I employ managing emails. I can't show you the real information, you know how the saying goes "if I show you, I'd have to kill you". I don't know who said that so I can't quote it.

I know I have already answered this question below but folder structure is closely connected to filters and they have a symbiotic relationship. I employ this process to presort the emails into folders, this saves time by having the computer do the mindless monkey work and leaving my ape brain + 2% to work on the creative tasks. (The chimpanzee is only 2% different from humans genetically, (Jane Goodall, Hope for Harvest, 2005). Scary, it should be called Planet of the Apes +2%.)

email structure


Adobe Bridge structure

No comments:

Post a Comment